Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ksquared's Fearless College Football Predictions - Week 13

The semi-snoozer that was Week 12 has come and gone - Now on to Week 13, which is slated to be a hurricane of big games. The Michigan-Ohio State rivalry never ceases to please and the Texas Tech-Oklahoma game looks to be an incredible offensive shoot-out, not to mention all of the bowl game implications.

Without further ado...

#2 Texas Tech at #5 Oklahoma - 8:00 pm ET
My Prediction: Texas Tech 38 - Oklahoma 32

Citadel at #4 Florida - 1:30 pm ET
My Prediction: Florida 63 - Citadel 3

#14 Brigham Young at #7 Utah - 6:00 pm ET
My Prediction: Brigham Young 23 - Utah 21

#15 Michigan State at #8 Penn State - 3:30 pm ET
My Prediction: Michigan State 18 - Penn State 17

#9 Boise State at Nevada - 4:05 pm ET
My Prediction: Boise State 38 - Nevada 21

Michigan at #10 Ohio State - 12:00 pm ET
My Prediction: Ohio State 40 - Michigan 10

Air Force at #16 TCU - 3:30 pm ET
My Prediction: TCU 17 - Air Force 10

#17 Ball State at Central Michigan - Friday, 7:00 pm ET
My Prediction: Ball State 32 - Central Michigan 24

Mississippi at #18 LSU - 3:30 pm ET
My Prediction: LSU 32 - Mississippi 17

#20 Pittsburgh at #19 Cincinnati - 7:00 pm ET
My Prediction: Cincinnati 27 - Pittsburgh 20

#21 Oregon State at Arizona - 7:00 pm ET
My Prediction: Arizona 21 - Oregon State 17

North Carolina State at #22 North Carolina - 12:00 pm ET
My Prediction: North Carolina 31 - North Carolina State 10

#23 Miami (FL) at Georgia Tech - Thursday, 7:30 pm ET
My Prediction: Georgia Tech 17 - Miami (FL) 9

Florida State at #25 Maryland - 7:45 pm ET
My Prediction: Florida State 24 - Maryland 17

So here's how it shakes down:

  • Texas Tech owns their destiny after a HUGE win in Norman
  • BYU answers Boise State's (and the BCS Panel's) prayers
  • Michigan State pulls out a squeaker in Happy Valley
  • Ohio State clinches a Rose Bowl berth (with the PSU loss)
  • Cincinnati takes care of business to put them in total control of the Big East
  • Arizona gives USC their deserved Rose Bowl shot (a USC-OSU rematch)
  • Georgia Tech eliminates Miami from the Top 25 (and puts themselves back in)
  • and Maryland continues their schizophrenic persona.

There you have it. Enjoy this awesome action-packed Saturday and be safe! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Nice analysis. I like Florida 63 Citadel 3. Even though I live in Charleston and the Citadel is downtown, they are garbage.

    I do however think Oklahoma will beat Texas Tech. I just like the way Oklahoma is playing and I think Texas Tech might be a little worn out after their last two games. Either way it will be an exciting game like they had with Texas.

    And for some reason I'm taking Utah over BYU just because Utah beat TCU and TCU beat BYU, but every week is different. I'm just leaning toward Utah in this one.

    If the score in the Penn State game turns out to be 18-17 that would be like a stab in the heart to Penn State who were undefeated and then lose two weeks in a row.

    This will be another great week in College football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Florida doesn't beat Citadel by 50, it'll only be because Meyer is playing the fourth string punter at quarterback...

    Everything between Texas Tech and Oklahoma is pretty darn even, from offense to defense to special teams...Except one thing: offensive line. I think Texas Tech has a small edge there and as everyone knows, if you control the line of scrimmage, you have a good chance of winning. Hence, I see Tech winning in the trenches, but as you stated, it will be a great game either way.

    Utah has a pretty consistent offense and will keep it fairly close for 3 1/2 quarters, but I think Max Hall is going to take out pent-up frustration from losing to TCU out on Utah and throw the ball like a mad man. I see Hall having a Heisman-like day.

    As far as the Penn State game is concerned, I truly believe that the weather in the midwest has a huge effect on that "Spread HD." I see Michigan State's solid run game prevailing in a game that will probably be dealing with high winds, cold weather, and possibly snow. That kind of weather slows down a "speedy" offense quickly, as seen in the Iowa game.

    But we'll see...It's going to be an AWESOME day of football!

    ReplyDelete