Friday, October 17, 2008

Fantasy Football Sleepers - Week 7

Quickly, here's who to grab off the waivers if they're still available:

1. Sammy Morris, New England, RB - At this point, the most consistent back for New England. If you need a #2 or #3 RB because of bye weeks, he could be a nice replacement.

2. Wes Welker, New England, WR - Another New Englander, this time because Moss is going to be covered all day by Champ Bailey and Welker is due for a breakout game.

3. Mewelde Moore, Pittsburgh, RB - With Willie Parker out, Moore is going to see the carries and will be racking up the points. Pick him up as a #2 or #3 back.

4. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City, RB - Another backup playing a full game this week, with Larry Johnson out, Charles could be a nice replacement. Careful here, however, because the Chiefs are going against a stout Titans defense. I would go with Moore or Morris before Charles.

5. Kevin Walter, Houston, WR - Houston is playing Detroit...Enough said.

I admit, my Le'Ron McClain pick last week was a VERY bad one, but Jackson AND Frerotte ended up being pretty solid scorers. I really like Moore and Walter this week.

6 comments:

  1. Would you start Welker over Cotchery in a PPR League?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment, but I would have said absolutely.

    Oakland's secondary, though showing glimpses of worthlessness, is overall pretty strong. Once D'Angelo Hall gets comfortable in a scheme, he is tough and I believe he's coming to fruition.

    We'll see how Welker does...It looks like Cotchery had a horrible game.

    On a side note, I almost always like Coles over Cotchery as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Welker - 12 points. Holla!

    Stay tuned for this week's sleepers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welker went for 24 in my league while Cotchery went for 1! I made the wrong choice! Luckily, my opponent started Brad Johnson who made negative points, helping me to victory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I wish I was in a league where people were starting Brad Johnson!

    Nicely done, but next time, listen to the "expert!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's a question, my league counts 3 IDP players per week. 1 DB, 1 DL and 1 general D. Our league scores (1pt = 10yds) off of return yards, which includes these defensive players. What Defensive players do you like who also do kick Returns?

    ReplyDelete