Monday, October 13, 2008

Going Over Ksquared's Football Predictions

Some very good games this week, with Saturday starting off with a GREAT one. The Red River Shootout lived up to the hype, Florida took care of business, Penn State looked incredible, and Oklahoma State has kept it's National Champioship hopes alive (when's the last time anyone could write THAT?). Here's how I faired...

My Prediction: Wake Forest 28 - Clemson 24
What Happened: Wake Forest 12 - Clemson 7
What ever happened to Thunder and Lightning?

My Prediction: Oklahoma 32 - Texas 24
What Happened: Texas 45 - Oklahoma 35
WHAT A GAME!! Lived up to the hype and could have gone either way. Colt McCoy...Welcome to the next level. I will never refer to you as "Baby" McCoy again. Oklahoma, the way NCAA football works, you are absolutely still in it.

My Prediction: Oklahoma St. 54 - Missouri 48
What Happened: Oklahoma St. 28 - Missouri 23
Another AMAZING game...And I look like a genius. Though the defense in this game came out of nowhere. I will say it right now...Look out for the Cowboys. They are coached by a "MAN" who is "40" who is also brilliant and has some very good talent.

My Prediction: LSU - 18 - Florida 16
What Happened: Florida 51 - LSU 21
My major mistake of the week...Like everyone else in the country, I either overstimated the skill on LSU (which is likely) or underestimated the team chemistry of Florida (which I am NOT totally sold on yet). Florida needs to win a couple more big games before I forget about the egg against Ole Miss...It looks like voters have a short memory, though.

My Prediction: Penn State 34 - Wisconsin 20
What Happened: Penn State 48 - Wisconsin 7
Yikes! What happened to Wisconsin this year? Many pundits picked them to win the Big Ten and they are 0-3??? Penn State looks better than ever...Circle it on your calendar - Penn State AT Ohio State. In the Horseshoe...If the Buckeyes get past Michigan State, that game on Oct. 25th will determine the Big Ten Champion.

My Prediction: Texas Tech 49 - Nebraska 25
What Happened: Texas Tech 37 - Nebraska 31
There was no way I was picking against Harrell this week and he proved once again why I think he is the #1 QB prospect going into the NFL draft.

My Prediction: USC 31 - Arizona St. 14
What Happened: USC 28 - Arizona St. 0
Yaaaawwwnnn...B-O-R-I-N-G. ASU should be embarrassed and USC should not be jumping up into the top 6 in the polls, neither the Coaches (#4) NOR the AP (#6). And the shame of it is, they don't play anyone worthwhile the rest of the season. However, picture this: USC runs the table, Ohio State beats Penn State and also runs the table...and we have a rematch in the Rose Bowl in USC's back yard again. Sweeeet.

My Prediction: BYU 38 - New Mexico 13
What Happened: BYU 21 - New Mexico 3
Ho hum...BYU wins another game against another totally inferior opponent. I pray that BYU gets beat at some point here in the near future, because I don't want to see a team that barely beat Washington, a VERY inept team, go to a BCS game.

My Prediction: Georgia 36 - Tennessee 28
What Happened: Georgia 26 - Tennessee 14
Pretty much as planned, and yet, I was not impressed by Georgia in this game. The Bulldogs need to be careful...I predict they lose two out of the next three games.

My Prediction: Ohio State 30 - Purdue 10
What Happened: Ohio State 16 - Purdue 3
Ohio State's defense looked good again, but you would think with Pryor AND Wells in the backfield that you could at least score a touchdown. That said, Wells was on limited carries and I don't think anyone really knows what this offense looks like at full strength. We'll know soon (*see Michigan State and Penn State the next two weeks).

My Prediction: Vandy 20 - Miss St. 14
What Happened: Miss St. 17 - Vandy 14
I was close on the score - wrong about the outcome. I am disspointed because the Commodores were starting to become the feel good story of the year. Instead, they will become the victims of a few more losses now that the air has been taken out of their Cinderella balloon.

My Prediction: Utah 44 - Wyoming 32
What Happened: Utah 40 - Wyoming 7
I gave Wyoming too much credit, although Utah was very stout on defense. I like Utah right now more than any other non-bcs team, including BYU. Head-to-head, I think the Utes beat the Cougars.

My Prediction: Boise St. 34 - Southern Miss 14
What Happened: Boise St. 24 - Southern Miss 7
Actually one of my closer predictions (sadly). I thought the Broncos would have a better day on offense, but it didn't matter...The Broncos look very good and I place them right behind Utah and BYU.

My Prediction: Kansas 40 - Colorado 24
What Happened: Kansas 30 - Colorado 14
As I expected, Kansas came out on fire and Colorado never got going. Nobody's talking about Kansas in the Big 12 because of their early loss to South Florida, but watch out. They could sneak up on some people.

My Prediction: Auburn 18 - Arkansas 3
What Happened: Arkansas 25 - Auburn 22
This is exactly why I didn't have Auburn in my Top 25. They are not that good. Arkansas? Seriously? Maybe last year, but losing to the Razorbacks this year is just miserable.

My Prediction: North Carolina 28 - Notre Dame 18
What Happened: North Carolina 29 - Notre Dame 24
My best prediction of the week, I did not think it would be quite as close as it was. I figured Notre Dame's 18 would come as they were driving at the end of the game. Instead, North Carolina was the one catching up. But catch up they did.

My Prediction: Michigan St. 33 - Northwestern 30
What Happened: Michigan St. 37 - Northwestern 20
Another very good prediction on my part. Northwestern, in my opinion was a little overrated, as many thought they would win this game. Trust me when I say this is only the beginning of the Wildcats' losing ways.

My Prediction: Ball St. 52 - Western Kentucky 28
What Happened: Ball St. 24 - Western Kentucky 7
Much like the Oklahoma State-Missouri game, the defenses stepped up in a game that should have gone the way of the offense. I didn't watch this game (as I'm sure many of you did not), but I'm guessing it was a yawner. Boo to Ball State for not really playing anyone this year. It's not really their fault, but we won't know how good they are this year...ever.

Drum roll please...
14-4 again this weeek. For a total of 28-8. For College football, I'll take it. Though I am predicting better numbers for next week, you watch! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment